The Stanford Publication feature includes information used for displaying publications in your site.
Site owners can add, edit, and delete any publications. Editors can only add and edit any publication.
Creating a publication
Before starting, be sure to know the values for each of the fields listed in Publication fields.
- From the Site Actions menu, select Add Publication
- In the Title field, add the publication title.
- In the Featured Image section, click Add/Edit image text to open the image tab. For more instructions on how to add an image, see Add a featured image.
- In the Author Link field, enter in the publication author that has a profile on the site. Start typing the author name and select from an auto-populated list. If the name does not auto-populate, that name may not have a profile — use the Author field instead. Click the Add another item button if there is more than one author with a site profile for this publication.
- In the Author field, enter in the publication Author. Click the Add another item button if there is more than one author for this publication.
- In the Publisher field, enter the name of the publisher.
- In the Publication Year section, choose the year of publication.
- In the Description field, enter in the publication description or abstract.
- In the Document(s) section, upload file(s) associated with this news item. For more instructions on how to add documents, see Add documents.
- In the Link field, enter the Publisher's URL link (e.g., http://www.stanford.edu).
- In the Type field, select the appropriate publication type.
- Click Save.
Updating a publication
You have several avenues for finding and editing publications. If you find the publication you may see an Edit link which will direct you to the node edit page for that publication.
Searching for publications
- From the Site Actions menu, select Manage Content.
- In the Manage Content by Type section, click the Manage Publications link.
- From this page, you can find all the publications. You can sort many of the columns by clicking on the header title, or search using the filters.
- From the Manage Publications page, click edit for the publication you want to change.
- Update/enter values as described under Creating a publication.
Bulk editing publications
- From the Manage Publications page, click the checkboxes to select mulitple publications you want to change.
- Click the Choose an operation arrow to choose an operation (e.g., Delete, Modify, Publish, Unpublish).
- Update the publication fields and confirm the changes.
Deleting a publication
You can either unpublish the publication to keep it on the site just not viewable or you can completely delete the publication. If you delete the publication, this is not reversible.
- To unpublish a publication: From the Manage Publications page, click edit for the publication you want to unpublish. In the Publishing options horizontal tab, uncheck the Published status, then click the Save button.
- To delete a publication: From the Manage Publications page, click delete for the publication you want to delete. Note: This may also be done using Bulk Operations.
Stanford publication fields
||The publication title.
||Upload a png, gif, jpg or jpeg file to the site. The image field also includes optional image credits, source info, and caption information.
||Connect this publication to an existing person profile(s) on the site.
||The author(s) of this publication.
||The publisher of this publication.
||The year the publication is published.
||An optional way to upload file attachments associated with this publication.
||URL link to the Publisher's website.
||This field identifies the type of publication.