The Private Page Section is designed to provide pages within a site similar to a standard page except with viewing restrictions. A site administrator can use permissions to limit the roles that can view and edit the private pages.
Site owners have permission to add a new private page to the website.
Creating a private page
- From a site owner account, click the Site Actions menu, then click Add Private Page.
- Enter a title for the private page in the Title field.
- You may add an optional Featured Image. See Add a featured image.
- Enter your page content in the Body field.
- You may add images directly into your content using the Image Insert field. See Insert images into the WYSIWYG editor.
- You may attach files to your page and/or insert them directly into your content using the File field. See Add documents.
- Under Menu settings, click Provide a menu link and add the private page to your site's Private Page Section.
- Click Save.
Adding a link to a private page in the body content
- Navigate to the page that you wish to add a link to a private page on.
- Click Edit.
- Enter the content that you wish to link (i.e., Learn more on this private page).
- Highlight the content.
- Click the Link button. See Add and remove links.
- Enter the URL to the private page into the Link dialog box and then click OK.
- Place your cursor anywhere within the linked content. From the Styles dropdown, select Private Link (this will apply a lock icon next to your link).
- Click Save.
Updating a private page
You have several avenues for finding and editing private pages. If you find the private page you may see an Edit link which will direct you to the node edit page for that private page.
Searching for private pages
- From the Site Actions menu, select Manage Content.
- In the Manage Content by Type section, click the Manage Private Pages link.
- From this page, you can find all the Private Pages. You can sort many of the columns by clicking on the header title, or search using the filters.
Editing private pages
- From the Manage Private Pages page, click edit for the private page you want to change.
- Update/enter values as described under Creating a private page.
Bulk editing private pages
- From the Manage Private Pages page, click the checkboxes to select mulitple private pages you want to change.
- Click the Choose an operation arrow to choose an operation (e.g., Delete, Modify, Publish, Unpublish).
- Update the private page fields and confirm the changes.
Deleting a private page
You can either unpublish the private page to keep it on the site just not viewable or you can completely delete the private page. If you delete the private page, this is not reversible.
- To unpublish a private page: From the Manage Private Pages page, click edit for the private page you want to unpublish. In the Publishing options horizontal tab, uncheck the Published status, then click Save.
- To delete a private page: From the Manage Private Pages page, click delete for the private page you want to delete. Note: This may also be done using Bulk Operations.
Stanford private page includes
||The private page title.
||Upload a png, gif, jpg or jpeg file to the site. The image field also includes optional image credits, source info, and caption information.
||The private page content.
||Upload a png, gif, jpg or jpeg file to the site and insert this into the body content area.
||An optional way to upload file attachments associated with this private page.