The Stanford Event Series feature is used to create a collection of events to display on your website. Events tagged with an Event Series will display on that Event Series' page.
Site owners can add, edit, and delete any event series. Editors can only edit event series.
Creating an event series
Before starting, be sure to know the values for each of the fields listed in Stanford event series field column.
- From the Site Actions Menu, click on Add Event Series.
- In the Title field, add the title of your event series.
- In the Featured Image field, click Add/Edit image text to open the image tab. For more instructions on how to add an image, see Add a featured image.
- In the Description field, enter the event series description.
- Click Save.
Updating an event series
You have several avenues for finding and editing an event series. If you find the event series you may see an Edit link which will direct you to the node edit page for that event.
Searching for an event series
- From the Site Actions menu, select Manage Content.
- In the Manage Content by Type section on the righthand side of the page, click the Manage Events Series link.
- From this page, you can find all the Stanford Events Series. You can sort many of the columns by clicking on the header title, or search using the filters.
Editing an event series
- From the Manage Events Series page, click edit for the event you want to change.
- Update/enter values as described under Creating an event series.
Bulk editing an event series
- From the Manage Events Series page, click the checkboxes to select mulitple events series items you want to change.
- Click the Choose an operation arrow to choose an operation (e.g., Delete, Modify, Publish, Unpublish).
- Update the event series fields and confirm the changes.
Unpublishing/deleting an event series
You can either unpublish an event series to keep it on the site (just not viewable) or you can completely delete the event series. Deleting an event series is not reversible.
- To unpublish an event series: From the Manage Events Series page, click edit for the event series you want to unpublish. In the Publishing options horizontal tab, uncheck the Published status, then click Save.
- To delete an event series: From the Manage Events Series page, click delete for the event series you want to delete. (Bulk delete is optional. See Bulk edit an event series.)
Tagging an event as part of an event series
Any event can be tagged as a part of an event series, whether it was made in your Jumpstart site or imported from events.stanford.edu. Once it is tagged it will show up on the corresponding event series page.
- Either add an event or find the event you would like to tag and click edit. Learn more on the Events Feature page.
- At the bottom of the event edit form, check the Event Series that this event belongs to. The tagged event will now show up on the Event Series page.
- Click Save.
Stanford event series fields
||The event title.
||Upload a png, gif, jpg or jpeg file (you can also add credits, source information, and a caption).
||This formatted text field is the event description (e.g., This event series is etc. etc.).