Landing pages are especially suited to creating layouts to help your users navigate to different sections of your site or related resources on or off your site.
Site owners can add, edit, and delete any landing page. Editor can only edit any landing page.
When to use Landing Pages
With Landing Pages you can easily create a structured, nice looking page. There are three layout options, which can easily be toggled:
- List - The list option places thumbnail images to the left and content to the right. List layout supports a primary URL and secondary links if necessary.
- Blocks - This layout matches the appearance of blocks from other sections of your site. Blocks layout supports a primary URL and secondary links if necessary.
- Cards - This splashy option features larger images and links in a tile grid. Cards layout supports a single URL.
Creating a landing page
- From the Site Actions bar Menu, click Add Landing Page
- In the Title field, enter the title of the landing page.
- From the Layout field, select the layout type (List, Blocks, Cards) you wish to have on the landing page.
- In the Banner image field, click Add/Edit image text to open the image tab. For more instructions on how to add an image, see Add a featured image.
- In the Lead text, enter a short lead sentence for this landing page.
- In the Body field, enter the landing page text.
- In the Landing page item section, enter a title
- Click Add/Edit Content to upload a photo, description, and primary URL title and path associated with each landing page item.
- Enter optional Secondary Links.
- Click Add another item button to add more landing page items.
- In the Menu settings horizontal tab, check the Provide a menu link box to add the landing page to the Main Menu.
- Click Save.
Editing a landing page
- Click edit for the landing page you want to change.
- Update/enter values as described under Creating a landing page.
- Click Save.
Deleting a landing page
You can either unpublish the landing page to keep it on the site (not viewable), or you can completely delete the landing page. If you delete the landing page, this is not reversible.
- From Site Actions menu, select Manage Content
- Click Manage Landing Pages.
- Under Actions, click edit for the landing page you want to unpublish. In the Publishing options horizontal tab, uncheck the Published status.
- Under Actions, click delete for the landing page you want to delete. You will be taken to to a confirmation page to either cancel or delete.
Stanford landing page fields
||The title of the landing page.
||Select the layout you want to use for this Landing Page (List, Blocks, Cards).
||Upload a png, gif, jpg or jpeg file to the site. The image field also includes optional image credits, source info, and caption information.
||Open or introductory text where you can introduce the content on the page.
||Landing page text.
|Landing Page Item
||Upload a png, gif, jpg or jpeg file associate for each landing page item. The landing page item field also includes a title, description, and URL title and path for each landing page item.