Your site includes the option to tag content with categories.
We call these categories "taxonomies." Some examples of taxonomies include:
- Faculty Status
- Staff Type
- Research Interests
Each taxonomy is prepopulated with a few category items or "terms," but more can be added by the site owner as needed.
Viewing all terms in a taxonomy
- From a site owner account, click Site Actions menu and choose Manage Taxonomies.
- Click on the title of the taxonomy vocabulary you would like to edit, such as "Staff Type"
You will see a list of links with checkboxes next to each item. These are the terms in that taxonomy vocaulary.
Adding a taxonomy term
- Use the instructions above to locate the taxonomy vocabulary to which you would like to add a term.
- Click the +Add button in the Toolbar.
- In the Terms field add the new term(s), use a new line for each new term.
- Below the form, click the +Add button to save.
Reordering terms in a taxonomy vocabulary
- Use the instructions above to locate the taxonomy vocabulary you would like to reorder.
- Click the checkbox next to the term you would like to move.
- Use the Up and Down buttons to move the term above or below other terms. Changes will be autosaved.
Deleting a term from a taxonomy vocabulary
- Use the instructions above to locate the taxonomy vocabulary from which you would like to delete a term.
- Click the checkbox next to the term you would like to delete.
- Click the -Delete button in the Toolbar.
- Confirm that you would like to delete that term by clicking the -Delete button in the Confirmation area.